by tnvrstar on 24/10/11 at 6:19 pm
In this article I will tell you how people of Libya spent their lives during the period of Muammar Gaddafi. I will exclude all the bad things and only discuss about the Good hings only.
Muammar Gaddafi is dead! Well we all know about that. But some of the thing you might not know. This is why I am writing this short article to let you know about his contribution to Libya. Yes he was not a good leader , he had many political problems. But still he has done some good work for his country. So, I have decided to share some of his good things.
If you are thinking I am a Gaddafi supporter then you are wrong. I am not a Gaddafi supporter , neither I am like other people who are dancing because he is dead. I am just sharing some of the good things by excluding the bad one. I know most of you are fed off, by listening all the bad things about him. Most of the people will argue about these facts but they arguably true.
Image via Wikipedia
Muammar Gaddafi’s contribution to the people of Libya:
1. All the newly weds people of Libya used to get about 50,000 dollars from Government to lead a very happy life.
2. Home is the basic right of every citizen of Libya.
3. There was no electricity bill in Libiya. Electricity is free.
4. No interest loan for the people of Libya according to Law. Gaddafi was against interest since interest is forbidden in Islam.
5. Gaddafi has increased the literacy rate from 25% to 83%. Education expenses in Government universities are free in Libya.
6. Medical expenses in Government hospitals was free in Libya.
7. The price of the patrol was 0.14 cents in Libya. Yes we all know Libya has got good petroleum resources. But the price seems to be too low. Isn’t it?
8. When Libyan citizen buys a car, Government used to subsidized 50% of the price of the car. 50%? sounds great!
9. A huge bread used to cost only 15 cents in Libya.
10. The GDP per capita of Libya is very high. Over 15,000 us dollars. Purchasing power was very high compare to the GDP.
11. The economy of Libya was improving rapidly. In 2010 it had 10% growth. It has not external debts. It also has the reserves amount of 150+ billion dollars.
12. Unemployment fees were given from the government until the person finds a Job.
13. A Libyan mother used to get 5000 us dollars for giving birth a child.
14) A libyan student will receive 2000 dollars from government to study abroad.
15) Gaddafi spent 25+ billion dollars to plant world’s largest irrigation plant , only to supply pure drinking water to Libya for a long time.
There were some of the things people of Libya got from the Government of Gaddafi. I hope you have enjoyed reading about these facts, They are all past now. Libyan people are hoping for a better leader. Can they find their true leader? Please do comment and make sure to share the articles to let other know .