by oncewantobeawriter on 04/04/11 at 8:16 am
Guidelines and Requirements on How to Get a CFO Certificate in Cebu.
CFO stands for Commission on Filipino Overseas. Its an agency that caters the needs of Filipino overseas especially spouses,fiancees’ and Emigrants.
CFO Certificate and Sticker are very necessary if you want to migrate abroad. You can’t board on the plane without the CFO sticker in your visa and you can’t get a CFO sticker without the CFO certificate.
There are two CFO Offices in the Philippines: In Manila and Cebu. I attended CFO in Cebu.
CFO Cebu is the best choice for spouses/fiancee based in Visayas or Mindanao. But if you’re already a visa at hand and you are in Manila better choose the CFO in Manila.
If you came from Mindanao or some part of Visayas and don’t have friends/relatives in Cebu you need to consider looking for a place to stay (overnight) in Cebu or book a plane ticket back and forth. You can choose a place near from the CFO Office or SMEF-COW. I stayed at Sampaguita Suites Hotel, a walking distance hotel from CFO Office. Reasonable rate and free pick up from the airport . Note: You need to contact them and give a copy of your flight info so they can schedule your pick-up.
There are two places that a spouse/fiancee needs to visit in Cebu to obtain the CFO Certificate:
SMEF-COW (St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, Inc – Center for Overseas Workers)
Address: 60 3rd floor, Ayaay Arcade, Gen. Maxilom Avenue, Cebu City, right across University of San Carlos North Campus.
Monday to Friday (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Tel.No: 32 2353745
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas)
Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeña Boulevard corner (Besides DFA Cebu) MJ Cuenco Street, Cebu City, Philippines
Telefax: (032) 255-5253
Procedures: SMEF -COW
- Need to be at the SMEF – COW office before 8:00 am and secure a priority number from the guard.- Proceed to 3rd-floor (for spouses/fiancee room), write your name and signature on a log book book (ask the people behind the window)- Wait your name to be called.- Pay 250 pesos (counselling fee)- Sumbit the seminar and registration requirements.
- Original and photocopy of your Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate (husband/fiancee)
- Original and Photocopy of Marriage Contract (From NSO or LCR duly authenticated by NSO)
- Photocopy of Divorced decree (If husband/fiancee, if divorced)
- Photocopy of Proof of Singleness( fiancee)
- Photocopy of Legal Capacity to Marry (optional)
- Photocopy of Passport (husband/fiancee)
- Photocopy of Visa (if visa is at hand)
- Copy of passport stamps of husband/fiancee; if married to a Filipina more than once.
- Copy of pictures together (wedding photos, engagement, etc)
- Photocopy of two (2) id’s of a Filipina (Company, SSS, GSIS, driver’s license,etc)
Note: After the SMEF-COW seminar and counselling, they will give you a blue certificate(Guidance Counselling Certificate).
- Proceed to CFO Office with the address shown above and submit the following:
- Duly Completed Emigrant Registration Form (I was not ask to fill up this Form)
- Original and Photocopy of passport (If available)
- Original and Photocopy of Visa (If Visa has been issued)
- Original and Photocopy of your Guidance Counselling Certificate
- P400.00 pesos (Duly Authorized Registration Fee
Helpful Links: How to Renew your Philippine Passport and Change your Status
Visit the Official CFO Website for updates and more info: www.cfo.gov.ph
Visit my blog for my itinerary and some reminders: Filling up the registration form, step by step procedures, knowing your husband/fiancee, etc.http://valleyofcoconuts.blogspot.com/search/label/Documentation