Home » Asia & Pacific » Philippines » Philippine Passport Renewal and Change of Status

Philippine Passport Renewal and Change of Status

by oncewantobeawriter on 07/03/11 at 10:55 am

Requirements and Procedures for Philippine Passport Renewal and Change of Status.

My Passport will expire on May 2011, issued at Davao City and I married last November 2009. Going to DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) has two purposes: PASSPORT RENEWAL AND CHANGE OF STATUS. 

Passport Renewal Requirements:

 - Personal Appearance

 - Original Passport

 - Photocopy of Inside and Back Cover of the Passport

Change of Status (For Married Women, who wants to use the surname of their husband

 - Personal Appearance

 - Original Passport

 - Photocopy of Inside and Back Cover of Passport

 - Married Certificate in Security Paper issued by the NSO (National Statistic Office) or CTC issued by the Local        Civil Registrar duly authenticated by NSO.

Important Reminder:

 - For women, married to a Foreign National you need to secure the CFO Certificate from CFO OFFICE (Commission on Filipino Overseas) and present it to the DFA before claiming your renewed passport.

Passport Fee:

 - Regular Processing (Epass)  - 25 Working Days

    P950.00 pesos

 - Expedite Processing15 Working Days

    P1,200 pesos


 - Photocopy your passport (inside and back cover) before going to the DFA

 - Secure and Fill up the Form (Get the form from Front desk or from the Guard)

 - Get a Priority Number

 - Go to the waiting area and wait for your number to be called for Verification.

 - Go to the Image Capturing Area for Photo Taking

 - Pay at the Cashier; don’t forget to take your Payment Slip (It serves as your claiming stub)

DFA Office Location

DFA Manila

 - 2330 Roxas Boulevard

   Pasay City Philippines

   (632) 8344000

DFA Cebu

   – Causing Lozada Bldg.,

     Osmeña Blvd., Cor. Lapu-lapu St., Cebu City

     (032) 256-3193 / 253-6798

DFA Davao

  - Ebro-Pelayo Bldg., E. Jacinto St.,Davao City 

      (082) 227-3900 / 224-4885 

Some Helpful Links : How to Get your CFO Certificate in Cebu

For more DFA Offices in other Cities and Provinces, please visit this page:DFA Offices in the Philippines

Visit Official DFA Website for more Information: http://www.dfa.gov.ph

Liked it
One Comment


Sep 16th, 2012

mgrrenew po ko ng passprt at d sametme change surenme n po me bec im olready married.my req’mnts here are vtrs rgistration,police clernce,OTR,brgy clernce,postal id,drivrs licence and NSO married crtfcate.ok n po b e2 pra mkrenw n po ako?tnx

Leave a Comment
comments powered by Disqus