by mom monique on 03/05/10 at 10:41 am
Summer is far from over. We are still beating the heat. Here in the Philippines, there are many places to have a vacation for both local and international tourists. This country boasts of its many beautiful beaches and tourist spots.
Image by ~MVI~ via Flickr
Here are my top ten tourist spots in the Philippines:
1. PALAWAN – There are many beautiful beaches here. Coron is highly recommendable. One of the top destinations here is the El Nido Marine Reserve. Other captivating sceneries in Palawan are Calauit Island Wildlife Sanctuary, Tubbataha Reef’s National Marine Park, the Tabon Cave and many others.
2. BORACAY – This island is home to many tourists because of its world renowned breath taking beaches.
3. BOHOL - Aside from its beautiful beaches, it boasts of its wonderful chocolate hills. Here you can also find the endangered Philippine Tarsier. It is refreshing to experience dining while cruising on a boat or raft along Laboc River, too.
4. MAYON VOLCANO IN BICOL – One can find what is considered as “The Most Perfect Cone” called Mayon volcano in Albay. A province here called Sorsogon is home to whale sharks called “Butanding”.
5. CEBU – One of the best cities in the Philippines is Cebu. It also has nice beaches and is famous for its world – class guitars. If you want to experience underwater diving adventure, Cebu is a place to go.
6. CAMIGUIN – When you go to the beaches here, be sure to find the White Cross Marker in its Sunken Cemetery.
7. DAVAO – Here you can find Mt. Apo. It’s also famous for its beaches, exotic orchids, and The Philippine Eagle. A good place to travel here is the Pearl Farm Resort in Samal Island.
8. BAGUIO AND BANAWE RICE TERRACES – To feel refreshed from hot summer, many local tourists go to the Pine City of Baguio. There are lots of nice cool places here. It is also best to go farther in the north towards the Banawe Rice Terraces and see the Hanging Coffins of mummies in Sagada.
9. PAGUDPOD – This is the “Haven of the North” because of its unspoiled natural resources, peaceful community and beautiful beaches.
10. RIZAL PARK – For city dwellers, the cheapest tourist spot within the locality is Rizal Park , more popularly called Luneta Park. Here, families can just unwind, relax and watch the beautiful sunset at Manila Bay.