by rivet32 on 24/11/10 at 8:24 am
Learn some cool facts about this huge city!
(Photo courtesy of Google)
Did you know….
1) The Port of Los Angeles is the most active port in the United States and one of the most active in the world
2) An amazing 24 million come to Los Angeles to vacation every year
3) Los Angeles receives just 15 inches of rain a year
4) Los Angeles was founded in 1781 by Spanish governor, Felipe de Neve
5) The largest municipal park in the United States is Griffith Park, at 4.014 acres
6) The third largest cathedral in the world, The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, constructed by Jose Raphael Moneo, is located in Los Angeles
7) The largest encyclopedic museum west of Chicago is called the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, which has more than 100,000 works
The most famous sidewalk called the Hollywood Walk of Fame is located in Los Angeles. This sidewalk has more than 2,300 stars embedded into it
9) There are more than 100 Native American tribes living in Los Angeles
10) There are more than 7,300 public roads in Los Angeles, making this city the largest road system in the United States