by Victor C on 12/12/09 at 4:43 am
If your visiting L.A. or surrounding areas you have to hit up these spots for some great hamburgers.
Let me introduce myself, my name is Victor and I love hamburgers. More precisely, cheeseburgers. Luck for you I have searched high and low, in dark seedy alleys, gone through drive-thru’s with speakers that sounded like they are under water, and immersed myself in hamburgers galore. I’m going to share with you the best Los Angeles (including the O.C., L.A. County, and Long Beach) has to offer. So if your plan on vacationing in one of these areas your trip will not be complete without stopping at these fine establishments.
5. Tommy’s Burgers – So I’m going to cheat a little with this first choice because honestly the hamburger part of this hamburger is nothing to brag about. It’s your average everyday burger kind of stuff. Now that’s not to say its bad, just nothing special. The special part comes with the chili they slop on top of it, now that is magical. Some would say addicting. I like to say its by far the best fast food chili burger you’ll likely to eat.
4. Carl’s Jr – Carl’s Jr has a burger called “The Six Dollar Burger” that they sell for less than six dollars, seems like a bad business decision if you ask me, but back to my point. The burger is is big, juicy, flame broiled (no microwave here), and delicious. But the fun doesn’t stop there. The version you have to try is the “The Guacamole Bacon Six Dollar Burger”. I promise you’ll love it, the guacamole is a perfect compliment to the burger and quite unlike any other fast food hamburger.
3. Five Guys Burger And Fries – Relatively new to Southern California, Five Guys is a welcome addition. Their patties are little pieces of heaven. Five Guy uses only fresh, never frozen, ground beef and you can certainly taste the difference. You get to watch the chef’s hand roll the patties right before they are thrown on the grill. They also include plenty of toppings, add as many as you like cause they are free, including relish, onions, jalapeno peppers, A-1 Sauce, Bar-B-Q sauce, hot sauce, and all your other standard favorites.
Another great part of Five Guys is their fries which you can also get Cajun style
Image via Wikipedia
2. Fatburger- A true Southern California staple, Fatburger is one place that does hamburgers right. You can get five sizes: Baby fat (2.5 oz), Fatburger (5.3 oz), Kingburger (8 oz) Double King (16 oz), and Triple King (24oz). I have never gone bigger than a Kingburger but if your up for the challenge I say go for it because I know from experience that I get sad when I have no more Fatburger to eat. It’s that good. And you’re really adventurous get the egg burger. Its exactly what it sounds like, add an egg to the top of your patty and take burgers to a whole new level. Trust me, its delicious. Throw in some skinny fries or fat fries (steak fries) and you have yourself a perfect meal. A flavorful burger with the perfect amount of seasoning Fatburger will leave you wanting more.
1. In-N-Out- Just in case you have been living under a rock and haven’t heard of this west coast phenomenon, let me introduce to you the best fast food burger in Los Angeles, or dare I say, the world. In-N-Out has a reputation to live up too and do they ever. Never frozen patties, just the right amount of seasoning, a secret menu (animal style!), cooked to order, fantastic fries, delicious shakes, great customer service, and the best tasting cheeseburgers, period. Once you have their juicy, dripping with flavor, burger in your hand you’ll fall in love with this place I guarantee it. You simply have to try In-N-Out when your on the west coast.
Image via Wikipedia
So there you have it. The top 5 burgers in the L.A. area. Now I’m going to stop typing now because I’M hungry and I REALLY want a cheeseburger now. Happy eating!